The snapshot will consist of the HEAD of the default branch of each repository, minus any binaries larger than 100KB in size—depending on available space, repos with more stars may retain binaries. Sorry if I'm late to the party, but I hadn't heard about it until today. I assume not since your code will not be in the vault. I'm not entirely convinced that it's a "special honor.". * Yes, this is an ad for a GitHub project that I didn't ask to be a part of and give zero farts about. . I wonder if the small contributions I made to the WebGL implementation in Mozilla will go in there... What was the aim of Artic Code Vault ? What was in the vault? - Are you saying this may have served some sort of ritual purpose? I assume by "importance of project" you mean your importance. I should have the badge but I don't even tho a repo I work on got archived and some of my repos should have gotten archived too. Ah! The git-cli is an inconsistent mess, agreed. - Maybe it's not actually an archive. On February 2, 2020 we took a snapshot of all of GitHub’s public repositories that have been active within recent months. Your code is safe and sound in the Arctic . I decided it was meaningless because I couldn’t immediately see any substance behind the award. Which is why I called the latter a cornerstone project. I'll always remember that, a contribution is a contribution :). What public repositories are archived in the Arctic Code Vault? [1] I really started liking git and understanding what it all is about (and how to use the weird commandline --flags - or was is -flags or -f or -F or flags) after reading the Git From the Bottom Up book: https://jwiegley.github.io/git-from-the-bottom-up/. until you realize that after 10k years, one of the alien will make a comment on your code: I just got it as well, I'd love to see exactly what repo's I have contributed to have been archived though. . [1] https://github.blog/2020-07-16-github-archive-program-the-jo... Also, you can see which repos of yours were selected with the "Arctic Code Contributor" badge in the highlights section of your profile. I think it's still pretty cool :) Although like the author, I shudder to think what people might think of my code 1,000 years from now (let alone what people think of it now ;). I would guess this has to at least explain the minimum ability to replicate git or understand git's format? Haha, yes, I have this image in mind of future scientists trying to understand the mess the git CLI is! On February 2, 2020 we took a snapshot of all of GitHub’s public repositories that have been active within recent months. I had to opt-in. Does it have Twitter? Especially if the line is a consistency check. The google algorithm? This is really cool, three of my repos got archived, I feel great. I wasn't asked before it showed up, and then I disabled it through the "Settings > Profile > Profile Settings" page. They should have said "2D Barcode" but they might be assuming an ignorant audience. A lot of other things reference it. It is actually a very smart, mathematical (cryptographical) tree-structure[1]. Plus, gh-pages for any repository that meets the aforementioned criteria. Early 21st century. At least, that is what I remember, but it might have been a modal telling me they were going to show it, rather than asking. What's in there? I had a very cool surprise today while checking my GitHub profile. Depicting me as some kind of deliberate contributor is false. This could be historic! This badge is specifically an indicator of whether code you committed made it into the vault, not whether you contributed to a project in some other way, or a for other reasons a nice person. Sam's space. Not the majestic legacy some people would imagine when they hear of a project like this one! Anybody else have this popup on their profiles? As a regular user I hope that GitHub doesn't continue down the path of becoming a popularity contest at the expense of fostering co-operative work on equal terms. ❄️❄️❄️, yeah, same lmao i have a lot of public repos, some with stars and they didn't get added :(. It's a lie. Early 21st century. So it is not something that is on-by-default, from what I know. Software code. - You think everything we dig up is a garbage dump. Some projects I contributed to have been selected to included to be part of the Arctic Code Vault project, and I am officially an Arctic Code Vault Contributor! This will allow the archive’s inheritors to better understand today’s world and its technologies, and may even help them recreate computers to use the archived software._. Some of those I haven't touched in as much as 9 years. Thanks to Microsoft, the crapware arrives at GitHub. That's from their FAQ. Looks like they are archiving (almost) all public repositories and gh-pages onto qr encoded film (?). Don't be so touchy-feely. One of my repos got archieved. If money wasn't an issue, time and effort would be, and you can easily reduce effort by storing pretty much everything. What's in there? But look, we did find one artifact that's interesting. GitHub wants code to survive the apocalypse in an Arctic vault Eli Blumenthal 11/15/2019. > Also, you can see which repos of yours were selected with the "Arctic Code Contributor" badge in the highlights section of your profile. The google algorithm? Deriding people who try to build things and talking about their work as garbage. Apparently my single rule addition to HTTPS Everywhere got me the badge. I'm looking forward to a long future of disabling ads* that have been automatically added to my profile page. Manual tools from when people used to write software by hand. In particular, if someone has personal information stored in a GitHub repo and asks for it to be permanently deleted, do they need to dig it out of a bunker in the Arctic? It's nothing like a QR. I don't know why they say it is. Currently it only shows 3 repo's "and more". What public repositories are archived in the Arctic Code Vault? If it isn't just "all of Github," which maybe it is. I just got tht badge this morning. As an example from mine, it says: So 2/3 of mine are Linux and Golang; great, but I don't use either anymore, so I'd like to see other stuff. Agreed. Anyhow on July 8, 2020, GitHub was able to deposit the Arctic Code Vault at … Look at the code. There's lot of software we wish we had access to now from the past, but we don't because people had the same attitude as you. But I don't entirely understand why it has been enabled on public profiles by default. - I don't know. I removed it from my profile. - Code from the early web? Well, better luck next time. - We think it's... code. The code for the iphone? Press J to jump to the feed. Why didn’t I get the Arctic Code Vault Contributor Badge? On February 2, 2020 we took a snapshot of all of GitHub’s public repositories that have been active within recent months. Kinda cool though, I like badges. This is pretty unclear though, do all repo's that get added require 1 star? But I half-conciously agreed to some modal/popup telling me I got some award and wether I wanted to show it. I'm pretty sure some far future generation will be able to figure out the math behind a "git database". Some projects I contributed to have been selected to included to be part of the Arctic Code Vault project, and I am officially an Arctic Code Vault Contributor!. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I got that for a bunch of repos I've archived. The archive will include every repo with any commits between the announcement at GitHub Universe on November 13, 2019 and February 2, 2020, every repo with at least 1 star and any commits from the year before the snapshot (02/02/2019 - 02/02/2020), and every repo with at least 250 stars. If you hover over the badge on your profile, it shows you which repos you contributed to that made it into the vault. Imagine if we found the code that contains the bug that caused world war three! Oh, ha, you're right! It would be nice if star count is weighted by amount of contributions, and cornerstone projects like python/cpython get a boost in ranking. Arctic Code Vault Contributor (elborai.me) 83 points by dgellow 74 days ago | hide | past | favorite | 71 comments: jameshart 74 days ago - We cracked the encoding on the artifact - What did you find? Where did you opt-in? The archive will include every repo with any commits between the announcement at GitHub Universe on November 13, 2019 and February 2, 2020, every repo with at least 1 star and any commits from the year before the snapshot (02/02/2019 - 02/02/2020), and every repo with at least 250 stars. I think of it as a reminder that even the smallest things can have real impact. I had to opt out -- it appeared on my profile without warning. I didn’t understand why and couldn’t find which repos I’d contributed to had become part of this vault I’d not heard of before. Because I don't star my own repo's. Have I missed out on some greatness? For instance, sindresorhus/awesome has 137k stars, python/cpython only has 32.4k, but the latter is clearly orders of magnitude more important than the former. It only shows the first three or four. But hey, people in 10k years will be able to blame me for a specific typo I made, isn't that great? They go into their methodology on the website, Yeah, the badge highlight seems to just list the three biggest projects you've contributed to, and the rest are summarized as "and more! A fix or small change goes a long way in helping people. As GitHub explains in their blog post[1]: There's no git usage, they're just storing a snapshot of each repo's current HEAD in a TAR file (and then compressed and QR-encoded). Any little thing helps. I had one of my repos archived in ice as well. At GitHub Universe 2019, we introduced the GitHub Archive Program along with the GitHub Arctic Code Vault.Our mission is to preserve open source software for future generations by storing your code in an archive built to last a thousand years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeology_of_religion_and_ri... https://github.blog/2020-07-16-github-archive-program-the-jo... https://archiveprogram.github.com/#arctic-code-vault. Why do you think they archived those? > Maybe they thought they were clever? And my popular repo's haven't seen any updates recently. Xbox One Controller Driver Windows 10, Who Is Megan Boone Married To, Mace Vs Sword, Golden Gaytime London, Real Kid Spies, Hemming Stitch On Sewing Machine, Stabbing Pain In Chest When Sad, Walking On The Sky Lyrics, Stuart Gordon Net Worth, Fever After Strenuous Exercise, Yellow Daisy Comforter, Dream On Me Toddler Sleigh Bed With Storage, North Battleford Directions, Dan Marino Pitt Jersey, 2011 Election Results West Bengal, Maven Asset Management Limited, Special Characters Symbols List, Stussy T-shirt Dress, Elk Point Jail Inmate Search, Montgomery County, Pa Crime, Types Of Dal With Name, Hummingbird Cake Paula Deen, 13 Going On 30 Thriller Dance Gif, Forex Margin Calculator, Pa Most Wanted List 2020, Bihar Government 1990, Best Wishes In Spanish, Need For Speed: Shift System Requirements, " />

צרו עמנו קשר: 03-6567070

פגישת יעוץ
    הערכת שווי התביעה וסיכוייה
    הגשת תביעה
    לתביעה נצרף חוות דעת רפואית
    קבלת פיצויים
    במקביל להליך המשפטי ננהל משא ומתן

arctic code vault contributor list

Yep, no doubt there's a huge amount of valuable contribution archive material in pull request and issue comments as well. This badge will become increasingly scarce as more people register for GitHub accounts. I think it may well be all of GitHub, or at least all repos that pass some measure of uniqueness. https://github.com/github/archive-program/blob/master/GUIDE.... https://jwiegley.github.io/git-from-the-bottom-up/, https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=23860659. Although I have no idea if or how they prioritize when to archive what repos. Just wondering, I didn't got the badge since I work on private repos mostly but I do have write access to a few public repos that got stored on the vaultg, if I commit to them now will I get the badge? I'm still wondering what the point is other than to make some meta point about how committed github is to preservation. Plus, gh-pages for any repository that meets the aforementioned criteria. Though . In the link you post it states "piqlWriter: data writtenas high-densityQR codesEncode binary data to 2D barcode (apply Forward Error Correction)Modulate light using a Digital Micromirror Device (DMD) to project the barcode on the film.". I'm not going to lie, the comment about "if they can use git" is the core of my problem with the arctic storage. The right line in the right place can save the whole system. ... Maybe it's just a garbage dump. (if they can figure out how to use git, which isn't something I would bet on). Amazed and delighted this is happening, I myself back up ubuntu and ubuntu server and source code as as backup here in NZ as just in case! The git source repo is probably included in the archive itself. - Just... tools, mainly. Come on! I have friend whose résumé says "600 lines of my Python are running on the International Space Station". Though to be honest my contributions are really just simple corrections and fixes that I regularly do to projects I'm using or reading about. Yeah, the inclusion criteria are pretty broad: This would make sense, as it looks like money wasn't a huge factor. > The snapshot will consist of the HEAD of the default branch of each repository, minus any binaries larger than 100KB in size—depending on available space, repos with more stars may retain binaries. Sorry if I'm late to the party, but I hadn't heard about it until today. I assume not since your code will not be in the vault. I'm not entirely convinced that it's a "special honor.". * Yes, this is an ad for a GitHub project that I didn't ask to be a part of and give zero farts about. . I wonder if the small contributions I made to the WebGL implementation in Mozilla will go in there... What was the aim of Artic Code Vault ? What was in the vault? - Are you saying this may have served some sort of ritual purpose? I assume by "importance of project" you mean your importance. I should have the badge but I don't even tho a repo I work on got archived and some of my repos should have gotten archived too. Ah! The git-cli is an inconsistent mess, agreed. - Maybe it's not actually an archive. On February 2, 2020 we took a snapshot of all of GitHub’s public repositories that have been active within recent months. Your code is safe and sound in the Arctic . I decided it was meaningless because I couldn’t immediately see any substance behind the award. Which is why I called the latter a cornerstone project. I'll always remember that, a contribution is a contribution :). What public repositories are archived in the Arctic Code Vault? [1] I really started liking git and understanding what it all is about (and how to use the weird commandline --flags - or was is -flags or -f or -F or flags) after reading the Git From the Bottom Up book: https://jwiegley.github.io/git-from-the-bottom-up/. until you realize that after 10k years, one of the alien will make a comment on your code: I just got it as well, I'd love to see exactly what repo's I have contributed to have been archived though. . [1] https://github.blog/2020-07-16-github-archive-program-the-jo... Also, you can see which repos of yours were selected with the "Arctic Code Contributor" badge in the highlights section of your profile. I think it's still pretty cool :) Although like the author, I shudder to think what people might think of my code 1,000 years from now (let alone what people think of it now ;). I would guess this has to at least explain the minimum ability to replicate git or understand git's format? Haha, yes, I have this image in mind of future scientists trying to understand the mess the git CLI is! On February 2, 2020 we took a snapshot of all of GitHub’s public repositories that have been active within recent months. I had to opt-in. Does it have Twitter? Especially if the line is a consistency check. The google algorithm? This is really cool, three of my repos got archived, I feel great. I wasn't asked before it showed up, and then I disabled it through the "Settings > Profile > Profile Settings" page. They should have said "2D Barcode" but they might be assuming an ignorant audience. A lot of other things reference it. It is actually a very smart, mathematical (cryptographical) tree-structure[1]. Plus, gh-pages for any repository that meets the aforementioned criteria. Early 21st century. At least, that is what I remember, but it might have been a modal telling me they were going to show it, rather than asking. What's in there? I had a very cool surprise today while checking my GitHub profile. Depicting me as some kind of deliberate contributor is false. This could be historic! This badge is specifically an indicator of whether code you committed made it into the vault, not whether you contributed to a project in some other way, or a for other reasons a nice person. Sam's space. Not the majestic legacy some people would imagine when they hear of a project like this one! Anybody else have this popup on their profiles? As a regular user I hope that GitHub doesn't continue down the path of becoming a popularity contest at the expense of fostering co-operative work on equal terms. ❄️❄️❄️, yeah, same lmao i have a lot of public repos, some with stars and they didn't get added :(. It's a lie. Early 21st century. So it is not something that is on-by-default, from what I know. Software code. - You think everything we dig up is a garbage dump. Some projects I contributed to have been selected to included to be part of the Arctic Code Vault project, and I am officially an Arctic Code Vault Contributor! This will allow the archive’s inheritors to better understand today’s world and its technologies, and may even help them recreate computers to use the archived software._. Some of those I haven't touched in as much as 9 years. Thanks to Microsoft, the crapware arrives at GitHub. That's from their FAQ. Looks like they are archiving (almost) all public repositories and gh-pages onto qr encoded film (?). Don't be so touchy-feely. One of my repos got archieved. If money wasn't an issue, time and effort would be, and you can easily reduce effort by storing pretty much everything. What's in there? But look, we did find one artifact that's interesting. GitHub wants code to survive the apocalypse in an Arctic vault Eli Blumenthal 11/15/2019. > Also, you can see which repos of yours were selected with the "Arctic Code Contributor" badge in the highlights section of your profile. The google algorithm? Deriding people who try to build things and talking about their work as garbage. Apparently my single rule addition to HTTPS Everywhere got me the badge. I'm looking forward to a long future of disabling ads* that have been automatically added to my profile page. Manual tools from when people used to write software by hand. In particular, if someone has personal information stored in a GitHub repo and asks for it to be permanently deleted, do they need to dig it out of a bunker in the Arctic? It's nothing like a QR. I don't know why they say it is. Currently it only shows 3 repo's "and more". What public repositories are archived in the Arctic Code Vault? If it isn't just "all of Github," which maybe it is. I just got tht badge this morning. As an example from mine, it says: So 2/3 of mine are Linux and Golang; great, but I don't use either anymore, so I'd like to see other stuff. Agreed. Anyhow on July 8, 2020, GitHub was able to deposit the Arctic Code Vault at … Look at the code. There's lot of software we wish we had access to now from the past, but we don't because people had the same attitude as you. But I don't entirely understand why it has been enabled on public profiles by default. - I don't know. I removed it from my profile. - Code from the early web? Well, better luck next time. - We think it's... code. The code for the iphone? Press J to jump to the feed. Why didn’t I get the Arctic Code Vault Contributor Badge? On February 2, 2020 we took a snapshot of all of GitHub’s public repositories that have been active within recent months. Kinda cool though, I like badges. This is pretty unclear though, do all repo's that get added require 1 star? But I half-conciously agreed to some modal/popup telling me I got some award and wether I wanted to show it. I'm pretty sure some far future generation will be able to figure out the math behind a "git database". Some projects I contributed to have been selected to included to be part of the Arctic Code Vault project, and I am officially an Arctic Code Vault Contributor!. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I got that for a bunch of repos I've archived. The archive will include every repo with any commits between the announcement at GitHub Universe on November 13, 2019 and February 2, 2020, every repo with at least 1 star and any commits from the year before the snapshot (02/02/2019 - 02/02/2020), and every repo with at least 250 stars. If you hover over the badge on your profile, it shows you which repos you contributed to that made it into the vault. Imagine if we found the code that contains the bug that caused world war three! Oh, ha, you're right! It would be nice if star count is weighted by amount of contributions, and cornerstone projects like python/cpython get a boost in ranking. Arctic Code Vault Contributor (elborai.me) 83 points by dgellow 74 days ago | hide | past | favorite | 71 comments: jameshart 74 days ago - We cracked the encoding on the artifact - What did you find? Where did you opt-in? The archive will include every repo with any commits between the announcement at GitHub Universe on November 13, 2019 and February 2, 2020, every repo with at least 1 star and any commits from the year before the snapshot (02/02/2019 - 02/02/2020), and every repo with at least 250 stars. I think of it as a reminder that even the smallest things can have real impact. I had to opt out -- it appeared on my profile without warning. I didn’t understand why and couldn’t find which repos I’d contributed to had become part of this vault I’d not heard of before. Because I don't star my own repo's. Have I missed out on some greatness? For instance, sindresorhus/awesome has 137k stars, python/cpython only has 32.4k, but the latter is clearly orders of magnitude more important than the former. It only shows the first three or four. But hey, people in 10k years will be able to blame me for a specific typo I made, isn't that great? They go into their methodology on the website, Yeah, the badge highlight seems to just list the three biggest projects you've contributed to, and the rest are summarized as "and more! A fix or small change goes a long way in helping people. As GitHub explains in their blog post[1]: There's no git usage, they're just storing a snapshot of each repo's current HEAD in a TAR file (and then compressed and QR-encoded). Any little thing helps. I had one of my repos archived in ice as well. At GitHub Universe 2019, we introduced the GitHub Archive Program along with the GitHub Arctic Code Vault.Our mission is to preserve open source software for future generations by storing your code in an archive built to last a thousand years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeology_of_religion_and_ri... https://github.blog/2020-07-16-github-archive-program-the-jo... https://archiveprogram.github.com/#arctic-code-vault. Why do you think they archived those? > Maybe they thought they were clever? And my popular repo's haven't seen any updates recently.

Xbox One Controller Driver Windows 10, Who Is Megan Boone Married To, Mace Vs Sword, Golden Gaytime London, Real Kid Spies, Hemming Stitch On Sewing Machine, Stabbing Pain In Chest When Sad, Walking On The Sky Lyrics, Stuart Gordon Net Worth, Fever After Strenuous Exercise, Yellow Daisy Comforter, Dream On Me Toddler Sleigh Bed With Storage, North Battleford Directions, Dan Marino Pitt Jersey, 2011 Election Results West Bengal, Maven Asset Management Limited, Special Characters Symbols List, Stussy T-shirt Dress, Elk Point Jail Inmate Search, Montgomery County, Pa Crime, Types Of Dal With Name, Hummingbird Cake Paula Deen, 13 Going On 30 Thriller Dance Gif, Forex Margin Calculator, Pa Most Wanted List 2020, Bihar Government 1990, Best Wishes In Spanish, Need For Speed: Shift System Requirements,